The Senate Healthcare vote may have been postponed a week, but be sure that Republican Senators are still poised to pass their version of Trumpcare. Apart from stripping tens of millions of Americans of coverage, gutting Medicaid, and increasing premiums, this bill would completely defund Planned Parenthood.
What will that mean for California? It will mean that these services are at risk:
- Contraception to nearly 631,000 patients
- Nearly 307,000 emergency contraception kits
- 97,000 cervical cancer screenings
- Hundreds of thousands of pregnancy tests
- More than 75,000 breast exams
- More than 1 million tests and treatments for sexually transmitted infections
The list goes on.
Now more than ever, we must make sure our pro-Planned Parenthood legislators know we’re standing with them in this battle.
Will you call Senators Feinstein and Harris to let them know California stands with them as they fight to protect Planned Parenthood in the Senate?